Monday, January 7, 2008

One month later...

So it has been about a month since I last posted and alot has happened:

Sam graduated with his MBA from Texas A&M University, we are finally done with school. I am so proud of him and all of his hard work through the years, way to go babe!

As the kids refer to her, baby Taylor was blessed on the same day Sam graduated. It worked out great as our parents were in town. Thanks to all of you who came and made that day special for us.

The movers came and packed us up and loaded the truck. Yes, they packed us, I didn't have to touch a thing. In fact they packed our entire apartment and loaded it in four hours, now that is the way to move.

We celebrated Sam's 29th birthday on the road to Arizona where we spent Christmas with the Kerns. Its about a 16 hour drive, but with 3 kids and still nursing the baby, it took more like 21 hours, yes 21 hours....and we did it all in one shot, no overnight stops. The kids were champs. Thank goodness for DVD systems. Happy Birthday Sam, next year will be a better year, we won't be on the road.

We spent Christmas in Arizona with the Kerns, it was so nice to see everyone, almost all of Sam's siblings were there. We were so sad that Bryan and Becky couldn't come, our kids missed there cousins. The kids had a blast though and were totally spoiled. I love how excited they get over Santa. The cutest thing that happened is after we were all done opening presents Abby kept telling me one more day, one more day for Christmas. I told her, that there isn't one more day, that this was it. And she said: " but its not Christmas yet there isn't any snow." It was so stinkin' cute.

After a week in Arizona we left and headed toward St. Louis. On our way we were able to stop in New Mexico and visit our very good friends, Craig and Sara, thanks for letting us crash at your place. We visited and had a great time, they even woke up at 6am and made us a hot breakfast and ate with us, now that is friendship.
Back on the road we made one more stop in Oklahoma and then completed our forever long drive and made it to St. Louis, I think it was a 21 hour drive, but with stops...well it was long!

We are in a temporary furnished apartment until we find a home and are getting all settled. The kids are kinda having a hard time adjusting. I can't blame them, we do move them quite frequently and they have never complained, but this time has been harder. Abby keeps saying she wants to go home and Mason has been really scared at night and tells us he doesn't want to move anymore. I feel bad, I think it will be much easier once we have all of our things and the kids see all of there stuff again.

We spent the week getting much needed rest and getting to know the area. We visited a friend that lives near by, Leslie, who had us over and gave us lots of goodies and fed us dinner. We had a great time visiting, and it sure is nice to know someone in the area. We found out where every mall and Target was, a must for Lea. And we spent some time looking for a car and did some more house hunting.

Sam started his job today, it will be a very long week since we don't have a second car yet and he took the car to work. I am home all day long every day with 3 kids. I was writing down last night every activity in the world that I can do with the kids so they don't get bored and I don't go insane. Send any ideas my way.

Pictures....I always post pictures, in fact, in my opinion I feel like people look at my blog for the pictures anyway, and I feel like no one wants to read a long post with no pics. But, somehow when we were packing up I managed to forget to pack my cord that transfers my pics from my digital camera to my computer. So this is what there is for now and I will post the pictures eventually.

That was alot, but that's what's happening in our neck of the woods (don't you think of Al Roker when you hear that?...I'm weird)

9 comments:

Lauren said...

I think you are a champ for doing all that driving! Glad to hear you are safe in St. Louis! Good luck with the house hunt.

Melissa Wilson said...

Wow, you guys have been busy and I hope all turns out well and you get the car and house situation taken care of soon! I'm glad to hear you have a friend up there, it makes things much easier!

Em said...

What a nice update! Y'all are just some busy bees! I think you should play the quiet game with the kids..for 3 days straight. They would love it!
I thought you got a new card for your camera-can't you just put it in the usb? No cord needed?
We miss you guys!

Britney said...

I like reading your blog even without pictures! I can't imagine going through this moving stuff with 3 kids. It's hard enough with the 2 of us. We probably should have done the temporary housing thing like you guys because buying a house on top of moving is so much stress. Well good luck with everything! Tell the family hi.

Ambyr said...

Yeay! I don't care about the pics. I'm just happy you posted! Do the kids like to cook with you? That might be fun for them. Some craft stuff too. Like make crowns and let them pretend to be a prince and a princess. When I was little we liked to get out the video camera and make a movie. Have them act out Little Red Riding Hood or Goldylox. Then, after Sam comes home, pop popcorn and watch the 'movie' as a family. I can't wait til Luke is old enough to do this stuff with!
Love you!

Abby said...

Bless all of your little hearts! I had a REALLY hard time adjusting when we lived in a hotel for a month in 3rd grade (when we first moved to NJ, while our house was being finished) and they were probably ready to send me to therapy--no joke--but as soon as we got into our house I was magically cured. There's something very tangible, emotionally, about being settled physically. I wish you luck and lots of creative mom moments until you get "settled." You are a brave woman! (The no car thing alone makes me batty.) What fun you'll have in St. Louis though--it's one of my very favorite cities ever!

Holly said...

Hi Lea, I'm glad you found my blog and now I've found yours. :) I'm going to link yours to mine and check in from time to time if that's ok? You can do the same with mine if you want. I'm glad to hear that you made it safely to your new place of residence. :) Change is always hard, especially for kids- I hope y'all survive, and of course you will. Kennedy was really sad to discover that Abby and Mason moved. Good luck with the new job and house hunt. We miss you guys here and we'd love to keep in touch. Take care! Holly Sharp

Amanda Hardman said...

Don't worry...I read your posts! I agree on the picture thing though...but you can't help but read the posts!

Sara Decker said...

Wow...what a busy holiday you had, and with traveling and moving too, that is stressful. I hope you are a little more settled now. Can't wait to hear when you find a house and get back to normal. Good luck with everything.