St. Louis to Bettonville Arkansas 335 miles 5 hours 8 minutes
So our first stop was in Bettonville Arkansas. My Dad had business there so we just tagged along. The kids thought is was great to stay in a hotel. My Mom and I did what we do best, we shopped. We found a shopping center just walking distance away and we dragged the kids along, bribing them the whole way. Shopping with 3 kids is never ideal, but when my Mom and I get together, nothing will stop us. We swam in the hotel pool and enjoyed the continental breakfast. The kids thought it was amazing that they could eat so many different things for breakfast. There wasn't much to take pictures of, but Mason thought this was AWESOME....
Bettonville Arkansas to Pine Bluff Arkansas 255 miles 3 hours 55 minutes
On our way out of Arkansas we drove through Pine Bluff, which is where my Dad lived when he was in High School. It's kinda funny being all grown up now, I remember as a kid my parents telling us stories or wanting to show us things from their childhood, and to be honest I could really care less at the time. But now that I am older, and well, oh so mature, I actually find it all very interesting.
This is the house that he lived in.
Where his high school use to stand, and now a lovely parking lot.
The high school today
Still some old buildings, with dates from way back when (notice the bars on the window?..not so sure how I feel about that)
The stadium and track
They were the Zebras
Cherry Street where I believe Dad and his friends would cruise up and down
An ancient McDonald's Restaurant, I just loved the sign, you never see these anymore.
I am trying to remember the significance to this parking lot, I think it is where Dad and his brother crashed a car into a pole. (correct me if I am wrong, Dad)
2 comments:
I love the retro McDonald's sign. I hope they keep it forever. I can't believe your kids were so good! Yay for them!
Yeay!!! So glad you decided to keep blogging. Keep it up. :)
Post a Comment